There are a few valid reasons to manually import transactions into your bank feeds.
For example, when you connect your account for automatic transaction downloading, up to 90 days of historical transactions will be pulled at the time of connection. If this is not enough historical data, you could import older transactions manually.
Another reason could be that your account isn't supported by our banking partner (Yodlee) and you've added your account manually (see http://faq.veryfi.com/en/articles/3670914-how-to-a-bank-credit-account-for-manual-importing-of-transactions)
To import transactions manually:
- While signed into your account at your bank's website, export the relevant transactions for the appropriate date range, either in CSV or Excel (.xlsx) format
- If needed, modify your exported file to ensure that you have the following columns as a minimum:
The Type column should contain either "DEBIT" or "CREDIT" for each transaction. This column is not required if debit transactions are represented as negative amounts.
If your export already contains Debit and Credit columns, the Type and Amount columns will not be required.
Any additional columns will be ignored and are safe to include in the file.
- While signed into your Veryfi account, go to the Bank Feeds page
- On the appropriate account, click the 3-dot (more) button
- Click Import Transactions
6. Choose the file you exported from your financial institution
7. Click the Import button
NOTE: if you're importing transactions for an active account for which transactions are downloaded automatically, we suggest you typically only do so for historical transactions that are older than 90 days from the date you connected the account.
If you import transactions that haven't yet been automatically been downloaded, you may end up with duplicate transactions once the automatic download completes.