Have 5 "Lowes" Vendors on File: "Lowe's", "Lowes Home", "Lowes Home Improvement" etc?
You may have noticed that if you process receipts from one particular Vendor, but actual purchases were made at different sore locations your Vendor results may differ, causing a confusion & inconvenience and actually breaking the Vendor statistics.
Let's look at "The Home Depot" example. This Vendor has different stores at different areas, so receipts from this Vendor are saved as different Vendors. It also may happen if Vendor has different spelling variations: "The Home Depot" & "Home Depot"
Here is how you make ALL receipts be saved under ONE Vendor.
1. Merge ALL Vendors into ONE:
8. Select Vendor you wish to MERGE all the selected ones into.
*You can type Vendor name to adjust the list
9. Press YES, MERGE to confirm the action
2. Create a RULE to Assign ONE Vendor to ALL receipts
5. Set Condition OCR text Contains
6. Type few keywords from Vendor Name to Filter
7. Select Vendor to Apply in Action
8. Select Vendor from your Vendor drop-down list
From now on ALL receipts where OCR text contains HOME DEPOT text will be assigned with "The Home Depot" name.
Other Related Articles:
All about Rules: https://faq.veryfi.com/en/collections/1820017-rules
All about Inbox and Tools: https://faq.veryfi.com/en/collections/1933951-inbox-tools-features
Have more questions, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org