You might have already seen the OCR tab inside the Veryfi hub and on mobile apps. This is the data Veryfi extracted from that receipt, bill and invoice which you can now use to create simple to complex rules.
- A construction company can apply a Project based on a a HomeDepot receipt where PO # is a specific value or project code,
- A finance controller can set a policy that if a purchase total is above a certain price point to Tag that transaction for review,
- Business owners can add a rule to Tag Invoices to be paid based on a certain text appearing inside the OCR text eg. "Payable in 30 days"
... and any other rules you come up with. There is no limit.
Step by step: How to
 Let's take this simple receipt with line items from my Veryfi Inbox. When I VIEW a document I can see the OCR tab as outlined in the screenshot below.
 Pressing the OCR tab reveals a wealth of text data which Veryfi has extracted from the document. Let's highlight "Store: 1000" as the data point I want Veryfi to watch out for as documents arrive into my Inbox.
 Now let's head to Rules and add a Rule for "Store: 1000".
- From CONDITION select "OCR Text Contains" and
- in the FILTER value add "Store: 1000"
- then finally select what it should do with it. In the example below I am assigning a "CUSTOMER / PROJECT" with a value of "Sir Randy Bakonski: Apartment 101"
How to picture this in your mind
IF OCR Text Contains "PO 1234" THEN
Assign it Project "Sir Randy Bakonski: Apartment 101"
This logic is pretty straight forward right. You can apply this to any dimension like Category, Tag, Payment Type or Customer/Project.
Give it a spin and let us know what you think.
Quick links to mentioned pages:
- Hub Inbox: https://hub.veryfi.com/documents/
- Hub Rules: https://hub.veryfi.com/rules/
- Video on Inbox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwDHUPTdeI
- Blog post on rules: https://www.veryfi.com/howto/rules/
If you need help please reach out on email@example.com