Automatic crop detection might get confused with the background you use and crop the receipt in a very unexpected way. In this instance we recommend you turn off the automatic crop detection and use manual crop. Here's how.
Turning off automatic crop detection
- Start the camera inside Veryfi app by pressing COLLECT from the footer nav
- Press MORE button (top right) or swipe the screen left (gesture based)
- Press SETTINGS
- Inside Settings disable "Auto Doc Detect & Crop"
- Go back and scan a receipt
- After you have taken a picture, the preview screen will show you the uncropped receipt and a few contextual buttons to the right of it
- Press the 1st button
- Now manually outline the receipt - a trail will follow your finger so you know whats being cropped. When you let go it will crop the receipt presenting you with a confirmation box as shown in the video below